I thought I would write about my trip to Utah as I'm trying to become more familiar with blogging. My sister Shannon is going to BYU-Utah and we decided that she needed a special visit from all of her sisters. So, my mom took Crystal's little girl Summer and the boys for a few days while our husbands were working. Jasmine took a few days off of school and we headed up to see Shannon. Jasmine, being a pretty new driver on the road, drove most of the way. How nice for us. She thought it was great and we decided that the 3 of us made good traveling companions. My sisters were totally surprised how how far I'd go into between stops to use the potty. They figured that with my being pregnant, we would be stopping every couple of hours. Well they were wrong. I was awesome.
Of course we had to look like dorks and get out of the car to do some tourist pics.
My Aunt Ruth treated us all to lunch at the Red Robin one day and it was great to catch up. We then went over the the DI where we found some good buys.
We took a quick tour of the temple grounds and Jasmine really wanted this picture. It's always fun to be at the temple when there are brides coming out. Crystal and I went on and on about how Shannon will do her wedding. Everything from what dress I'd be willing to wear....to how our hair should be done. She not getting married yet, but since we were there we just thought we'd let her know all of that stuff. Hey, isn't that what sisters are for?
I won't go into detail about Shannon's apt. but since this is kind of my journal, I will say 2 words. Draino and a Vacum cleaner. Other than that we had a great time with Shannon. Provo is a lot bigger than Rexburg. I'd be pretty nervous about that big of a change. It was so nice get get away with my sisters for a few days. My husband was wonderful and even had most of the dishes done along with the house vacumed...it looked better than when I left it. And that's all that I cared about. Now we're looking forward to Shannon coming home for Thanksgiving.
2 comments:
looks like so much fun! i am so glad you started a blog. looks great!
Hey Melissa!
I am glad you found me. It looks like things are great for you, your kids are adorable! Next time you come to Utah, look me up!
Post a Comment